Thursday, March 29, 2012

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY! (The Leprechauns came for a visit!)

Making Fruit-Loop Rainbows for the Leprechauns!

The Leprechauns left their glittery footsteps! 

They left golden pieces everywhere!

They even left a pot of coins and stickers! 

Making the rainbows took quite a lot of sorting...and maybe some nibbles too! 





We quickly invited Mrs. Johnson's class to join us as I read the note from the Leprechauns.  They told us that they had left some "magic potion" in cups for everyone (watermelon jello powder) and that we had to add warm water to the "potion" to see what happens.  We added the water and it went from white to green!  The students were amazed!  Then, the directions were to place the cups in a cold spot and see what happens later on.  The children were beside themselves with excitement!  So cute!
 
Mrs. Johnson adds the warm water.

Fast forward to the afternoon and the kids are eating the jello.  Most of them liked it. 
Then in came the very large Leprechaun...(AKA Mr. O'Hara).  He gave us a piece of gold and was on his way!  The students loved it, but I told him that I was going to have nightmares for the next couple nights!


Showing off the golden coin from the large Leprechaun.





Making our own Leprechaun hats.




Our 6th grade buddies that help us every day.






Yummy Leprechaun potion.

I painted Leprechaun noses on the kids and added glitter! 


More Leprechaun noses.

No comments:

Post a Comment