Thursday, March 22, 2012

ANGRY BIRDS IN KINDERGARTEN? WHAT IS SHE TEACHING OUR KIDS?

As I am sure most of you know, kids are motivated to learn when lessons are interesting to them.  "Angry Birds" is a popular app that many of my students know about.  Using the Angry Birds theme, I was able to create writing lessons, math lessons, and more around these crazy birds.  Below we voted on our favorite Angry Bird character.  The drawings were done by a kindergartner who is an "Angry Bird expert". 


Here we are doing a "How to" writing project, using the example "How to draw Red Bird".  The students were so excited to learn to draw an Angry Bird.  It was amazing the motivation and hard work that came out of this week.  I was thrilled to see students, who sometimes were not as interested in our topics, be fully engaged in these activities. 










No comments:

Post a Comment