Can you find the patterns in our calendar?
I absolutely LOVE Halloween! I always have. Maybe it's the pretending to be someone/something you are not? Maybe it's the pumpkin carving and decorating? OR maybe it's just the candy! Anyway, our room is decorated and stations are set up for creating spook-ta-cular crafts. We have a skeleton station where students have to follow directions and put the skeleton bones together. We have a creation station set up where students can use Halloween stamps or trace different shapes. And of course we have many songs and books to use through the week. Happy early Halloween!
The Spook-ta-cular Creation Station!
The Haunted paper doll play set!
Put Mr. Bones back together again!
Five Little Pumpkins sitting on a gate!





Just noticed the songs on the sidebar. I love "Fireflies" too, and I think the kids would get a kick out of this video http://youtu.be/zGkLTi7pxPg . This young man has physical limitations, but still managed to make a robotic dance to the music and has made it a popular choreography to the song because of his imagination. :)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, this guy ended up putting together a group (Remote Kontrol) with this dance style and they have become quite the hit sensation in the dance world. Certainly their style will never be common place as it is difficult to apply everywhere, and it takes amazing physical control to pull it off. Simply amazing what a kid with scoliosis was able to make of himself and his dream to dance.
ReplyDelete